Tis the season to start celebrating all things fall, and to get ready for the favorite holiday of every kid (and those kids at heart). Pumpkin patches are the perfect way to enjoy this beautiful time of year here in the Valley of the Sun. Here are some local patches to check out this month . . .
- The Great Pumpkin Festival. Located inside the Desert Botanical Garden in Papago Park in Phoenix, this festival features a garden of pumpkins where kids 12 and under can choose their own free pumpkin. Visitors can check out a petting zoo, a hay bale maze, carnival games and listen to live music. (Open October 21 from 8:30 a.m.-noon, October 22 and 23 from 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Vertuccio Farms. Located in Mesa at 4011 S. Power Road, this pumpkin patch also includes a giant tube slide, a mini hay maze, a 7-acre corn maze, spider-web climb, duck races, barrel train ride, tractor train ride, petting zoo and a mini zip line. (Open from October 1-November 6th )
- MacDonald’s Ranch Pumpkin Patch. This patch is located at SW corner of Jomax Rd. & Scottsdale Rd and includes a hay maze, petting zoo, gold panning, pony rides, train ride, western-themed games plus a hayride to the pumpkin patch. (Open October 1 – 31 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily Wednesdays through Mondays, closed Tuesdays.)
- Pumpkin Patch at Mother Nature’s Farm. Located at 1663 E. Baseline Rd in Gilbert, this patch is on a family-owned farm and is stocked with pumpkins of all sizes daily. There are attractions such as an air bounce, a straw bounce, a hayride, animal feeding and an adventure maze. (Open from October 1-31, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Schnepf Farms Pumpkin and Chili Party. This Queen Creek attraction is located at 24810 Rittenhouse Road, and includes hayrides, carousel rides, jumping pillows, petting zoo, country road rally, rock climbing wall, miniature golf roller coaster, 4-acre corn maze, 10- acre celebrity corn maze, and various other activities. (Open every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October.)
- Tolmachoff Farms Pumpkin Days & Corn Maze. Located at 5726 N. 75th Avenue, Glendale, this popular pumpkin patch also features a 6-acre family corn maze, mini corn maze, petting zoo, train ride, jumping pillow, haunted corn maze, and pedal carts. (Open from October 1 through November 8. Closed Mondays in October; closed Monday – Wednesday in November.)
Browse this interactive map to learn about homes and neighborhoods.